Monday, September 2, 2019

Skype for Business Server Users Client Prompts for Exchange Credentials for Office 365 MFA users

One of the environment that I had worked on as part of the Exchange Online migration involves the existence of Skype for Business.

For Exchange Online users that are provisioned for MFA, it has been reported that they encountered an error in Skype for Business client. "Exchange needs your credentials. Until then, you might see outdated info in Skype for Business".

Though this is not a hard error, this will result in stale Address Book Service (ABS), and intermittent Free/Busy presence issues.

To resolve this, add the registry key in the affected machines.


Then, apply the AllowAdalForNonLyncIndependentOfLync registry key setting:


Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Reconnecting Deleted Users on O365

If the Directory  Sync connection between an Office 365 and AD account breaks for some reason (AD user is deleted, server corruption etc) it can be tricky to get them reconnected. These steps may help:
1) Use Office 365 Control panel to restore deleted user.  It will now be marked as “In Cloud” instead of “Synced with Active Directory”.
2) Use the local AD tools to re-create user if it is missing. Local Exchange tools should be used to create a new mail user with an SMTP address that matches the SMTP address of the Office 365 User.
3) Fire up Powershell and connect to the Office 365 Azure Cloud using the following commands:
Import-Module MSOnline 
$O365Cred = Get-Credential 
$O365Session = New-PSSession –ConfigurationName Microsoft.Exchange -ConnectionUri -Credential $O365Cred -Authentication Basic -AllowRedirection 
Import-PSSession $O365Session -AllowClobber 
Connect-MsolService –Credential $O365Cred
4) Use the following command to delete the ImmutableID from the Office 365 Account where ‘User Principal Name’ is either the name or the email address of the user being reset:
Set-MsolUser -UserPrincipalName 'User Principal Name' -ImmutableId '$null'
5) Wait for, or force, the AD Sync and it should reconnect the accounts.

Monday, November 16, 2015

Replication Group Error after SCCM Primary Site Recovery

I encountered a freak issue done by one of our Field IT guys. Well, he un-installled the SQl server that is being used the Primary Site SCCM Server . How is that possible? Well, I seriously do not have the answer for that. Fortunately, we have a working copy of the SCCM backup and so I went about performing the dreaded site recovery. (This part will be cover this in a separate post)
After some time, I managed to recovery the site but just when I was hoping to get some rest, I realized that the database replication between this Primary Site Server and the CAS failed.

The error was found in the rcmctrl.log is "Error: Replication group "General_Site_Data" has failed to initialize for subscribing site C00, setting link state to Error."

To resolve this, the steps are as below
1) Launch SQL server management studio with an account with sysadmin rights
2)  Run the TSQL command below to check the state of replication
select * from RCM_DrsInitializationTracking 
 where replicationGroup = 'General_Site_data' AND SiteFulfilling='P02'

3) To resolve the issue, run the TSQL command below

update RCM_DrsInitializationTracking set InitializationStatus = 7 where ReplicationGroup = 'general_site_data' and SiteRequesting = '<Central Site Code>' and SiteFulfilling = '<Primary Site Code>'

Run the replication link analyser again to check on the status.